Brother Printer Shows Offline
Some of the best printers in the world, brother printers are fast-paced printers working on the latest technology. They find their use in a number of areas including homes, offices, and educational institutes. Although known for smooth performance, users may get frustrated when they see that their Brother printer shows offline.
Why does my Brother printer say it’s offline?
Your Brother printer shows offline if it is not connected to the wireless network. It can also show offline due to the underlying hardware issues. It is easy to get your Brother printer back online if you are able to figure out the exact cause of this issue.
Brother Printer Showing Offline Windows 10 (Fixed)
Here are the troubleshooting steps to get your Brother printer back online:
1. Make sure your Brother printer is powered on
- If you see that your Brother printer’s screen is blank, then it may not be powered on. Turn on the printer by switching on the power buttons.
- Check if your printer is properly plugged into the socket.
- Make sure that your printer is not in sleep mode.
- Check the printer display for any errors.
2. Make sure that your Brother printer is connected to the computer
- Check if the USB cable, if you are using it, is firmly connected to both the printer and the computer. It should not be loose.
- If you have connected your printer to the router using an Ethernet cable, then make sure it is connected properly.
- Check the IP address if you are using a wireless connection.
3. Set Brother printer as the default printer on your Windows
- On your Windows computer, go to the Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Printer and select Devices and Printers.
- Find your printer and set it as the default printer.
4. Check the status of the printer
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer name and then click on See what’s printing.
- Click on the printer option and then look for the Use Printer offline option. Remove the checkmark from Use Printer Offline.
Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline
Even after following the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps if still your Brother printer not connecting to wifi then it means that your printer has some serious underlying issues. It can be a hardware issue or software issue. Your Brother printer can go offline due to paper jam. Here are the troubleshooting steps to look for paper jams and stop your printer from going offline:
- First of all, switch off your printer and unplug it from the power supply.
- Take out the paper tray from the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper by pulling it out.
- Put the paperback in the paper tray.
- Install the paper tray back in the printer.
- Switch on the printer by plugging it back.
- Check if the ‘Brother Printer showing offline’ issue is resolved.
If you are still not able to get your Brother printer back online from offline then you can contact us. Our team of experts will help you in resolving the Brother printer offline issue.