Steps to Connect Brother Printer to Mac
One of the most popular printer brands, Brother printers find their use in homes, offices, and organizations. Setting up a new Brother printer and connecting it to mac seems a hectic task. A non-technical person may not know how to connect a Brother printer to Mac.
If you are finding it difficult to set up the Brother printer for Macbook or your printer is not connecting to MAC wireless, then here is a short guide for you to configure the Brother printer and connect it to Mac.
Easy Steps to Connect Brother Printer to Mac
A Brother printer comes with a CD-ROM for the installation of the printer. Here are the steps to connect Brother printer to Mac with CD-ROM:
- Plug the power cord of the printer and turn it on.
- Insert the CD into the CD drive. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install the printer driver.
- Install the paper port after selecting the printer.
- Now, go to the Apple menu and click on ‘System Preferences.
- Click on Printers & Scanners and click on Add button.
- Select the name of your printer and again click on Add button.
- The printer is now connected to your MacBook.
While connecting the Brother printer to Mac, you should know the SSID and Network Security Key credentials.
How to Connect Brother Wireless Printer to Mac?
- First of all, install and download the Brother printer driver on your Mac. You can download the printer drivers from the official website of Brother printer.
- Once the driver is downloaded, click the installation file of the driver.
- Click Yes if you see any security warning message or confirmation message.
- Now, to install the printer, use a USB wire cable. The Mac is connected to the USB.
- Confirm the network name and security password and then click on Next.
- Connect one end of the USB wire to the computer and the other end to the printer.
- Choose your network name from the list of wireless networks and then enter the password.
- Disconnect the USB wire from the computer once you are connected to the wireless network.
- A list will appear in front of you, select your printer.
- If do not find your printer name, go to Apple menu and click on System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan under Printers and Scanners.
- Look at the list of printers available. If you do not find your printer in the list, click on the plus icon and select your printer from the list. Click on Add button.
By following these steps, the printer driver will be installed and the Brother printer will be connected to your Mac wirelessly.
If you face any problem while connecting Brother printer to Mac, Brother printer not connecting to wifi or other problems related to printer contacts us. TechSolutionForAll team of experts will provide the best technical support services.