How do I wake up my Brother printer?
Brother is one of the leading manufacturers of Home-based and office printers worldwide. Brother's wide variety of printers includes laserjet printers, MFCs, Label Printers, and garment printers. Using their printer makes them the favorite among other printer brands. However, sometimes it gets stuck in sleepmode and does not allow it to print from your computers, phones, or tablets. If we talk about the sleepmode feature of these printers, it is just a power-saving mode and whenever you give a command from your computer or laptop it automatically awakes itself and does the job. If it does not print that means there is a communication problem between your printer and the device you are trying to print from (computer, laptop, or mobile phone).
In order to resolve the "Brother printer in sleep mode" issue just follow the steps given below.
Steps to get Brother printer out of sleep mode.
1. First of all, Shut down the printer. Wait for a minute and turn it back on. Sometimes just by restarting the printer, this sleepmode issue gets resolved. If the issue persists follow the next step.
2. Next step would be to uninstall the drivers If (already installed) for your brother's machine from your computer or laptop. Now reboot your computer or laptop.
3. Download fresh drivers from brother's official website and install them. You can now go ahead and try to print, this step should resolve the issue. If is still does not print move to the next step.
4. Reset network settings on the printer using the control panel. Press Settings or menu > all settings > network > Reset network setting and press ok or yes. The printer will reboot.
5. After the printer reboot is done, you need to connect the printer back to your wireless network or wifi.
6. In order to connect your printer to wifi, follow the instructions below:-
a. Press the Menu or Settings button on the printer's control panel.
b. Use the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
c. Again press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
d. Now press the Up or Down arrow key to select Setup Wizard and OK.
e. The Printer will search for your network and display a list of available Network Names (SSIDs).
f. When a list of SSIDs appears, press the Up or Down arrow keys to select your network name or wifi, and then press OK.
g. Now enter the password of your wireless network or wifi using the keyboard displayed on the control panel of your printer.
h. Press apply or done after putting the password. The printer control panel will display connected once the process is complete.
7. As the printer has now been connected to your wifi. Try to print again.
In case the issue for sleepmode still persists even after performing the above troubleshooting step. You can contact us at 1-223-212-0752 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have an experienced team of technicians who would help you resolve this issue using advanced troubleshooting.