HP Officejet 3830 not Printing
HP OfficeJet 3830 is one of the latest additions in the HP Printer series. This All-in-One Printer is known for fast performance and quick results. However, ‘HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing’ is one of the most common issues that many users face. Fixing this issue is quite a struggle but with simple troubleshooting steps, this can be solved easily.
Why isn’t my HP 3830 printing?
Your HP 3830 may not print due to various reasons including connectivity, faulty configurations or outdated drivers. It can also be due to underlying hardware or software issues.
HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing(Fixed)
Here are the steps to troubleshoot your HP OfficeJet 3830:
Restart your printer
The basic troubleshooting that you can do is to restart your printer.
- Turn off your printer and unplug the power cord. Leave it for some time and then plug the power cord back. Turn on the printer.
- Check if your HP Officejet 3830 starts printing.
Resinstall the Printer Driver
Your HP Printer may stop printing due to outdated printer drivers. Try to update or reinstall the printer drivers.
You can go to the official HP website to install printer drivers. Find your printer model and then download and install it on your computer. Make sure that you are not installing the wrong printer drivers. You can also use software available to install printer driver on your computer.
Set your Printer as Default
Your HP OfficeJet 3830 may not print if it is not set as default. Follow these steps to set your printer as default:
- Open the Run dialog box and type ‘control’. Click Enter to open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, select Devices and Printers.
- Right click on your printer in the Printers section and the select Set as Default.
- Check if your printer is now able to print.
Check the status of your printer
Check the status of your printer to find any underlying hardware issues including paper jam, ink cartridge, toner, etc. Try to replace the old cartridges with the new ones. Get your printer services if required.
HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing color
Sometimes, it may happen that your HP Officejet 3830 may stop printing color. This issue in most of the cases is due to outdated printer drivers.
- Go to the Start menu and search for Control Panel.
- Open ‘Programs’ and select ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- Choose your HP Printer and select uninstall.
- Search for ‘Control Panel’ in Windows and find the ‘View devices and printers’ option under ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Look for your HP Printer in the Window that appears. If you find your printer listed, right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’.
- Now open the run command and type printui.exe /s in the box.
- Now, click on the ‘Drivers’ tab.
- Find your HP Printer driver and click on it. Click Remove and click OK.
- On the Print Server Properties Windows, click Ok.
- Again open the run command and type c:/programdata and click Ok. Remove any printer related files and folders in the HP folder.
- Restart your computer.
- Install the printer drivers from the official HP website. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- Check if your HP OfficeJet 3830 is printing color.
HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing Black
If your HP OfficeJet 3830 is not printing black, then it may be due to ink cartridge issues. The simple solution for this issue is to do the hard reset. Here are the steps for the same:
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait for the printer to get idle and silent.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer while the printer being turned on.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time and then plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord in the rear.
- Turn on the printer and check if the issue is resolved.
Contact us if your HP OfficeJet 3830 is still not printing wirelessly from the computer. Our team of experts will help you get your issue resolved quickly.