HP Printer Connected to Wifi but shows offline
Among the best known printers in the world, HP printers find their application in a number of areas.
These printers are users’ favorites on account of their high performance and speed. However, users may face issues while working with HP printers. One of the issue that certain users come across is HP Printer connected to Wifi but shows offline. When such an issue occurs, the printer is not able to print. This issue can be fixed with simple troubleshooting steps. This issue generally occurs due to unwanted updates or installations.
HP Printer connected to Wifi but shows offline(Fix)
The first thing that you can do is to unplug your router and printer and then reconnect it back. If your HP printer still shows offline but connected to Wifi then try HP Print and Scan Doctor. If you are still unsuccessful then try the following steps:
Create TCP/IP port
- Get the printer’s IPv4 address by printing a configuration page.
- Now go to Start menu of your computer and then go to Control Panel. Click on Devices and Printers and then right-click on your printer. Left-click on Printer Properties and click on the Ports tab.
- Click on Add Port and then select the Standard TCP/IP Port. Click on New Port and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Enter the exact IP address of your printer.
Reinstall the HP print driver and software
- From your PC, uninstall the HP software.
- Go to Start menu and type ‘printui /s /t2’ in the search field.
- Open the Run Window and type in ‘printui /s /t2’ and click Enter.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Choose any printer and click on ‘Print server properties’.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Take the backup of your registry and then update the registry.
- Click on the Start menu and select Run.
- Type Services.msc and click OK.
- Restart your PC.
- Reinstall the HP Software.
By following the above-mentioned methods, your issue will be resolved. Contact us if your HP printer is connected to Wifi but still shows offline.