Fix: HP Printer not connecting to wifi Issue
About Hp Printer – Hp printers are the most popular printers used by people all around the world. There are more than 300 million active users of Hp printers, these printers are developed by American electronic company Hewlett-Packard in 1984. One thing about the Hp printer is its high reliability.
Although HP printers are some of the high-performance printers, some technical issues may arise at some point in time with these printers. Some of the most common issues include HP wireless printers not connecting to Wifi, and the HP printers showing offline.
Why is my HP Printer not connecting to Wifi?
Few things are more frustrating than when you want to print a document, and your wireless printer is in an error state or shows offline and gives you the silent treatment. When you see that your HP printer won't connect to wifi then first of all check the wireless connection.
Troubleshooting Steps to Connect HP Printer to Wifi
Your printer was working over the network before and now isn’t.
- First, try to restart your computer, printer, and wireless router.
Is your printer connected to your network? Read more below.
- Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. On many printers, pressing the Wireless button allows direct access to printing this report. Check your manual for instructions.
- On the Wireless Network Test report check the following:
- In the Diagnostic Results "Connectivity" area, is Connected indicated as PASS?
- If not, your printer is not connected to any network at this time. Ensure your wireless router is turned on and functioning properly.
- You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
- Check any messages at the top of the report that can help you correct the problem, and follow the instructions shown.
- In the "Current Configuration" area, does the "Network Name (SSID)" match your network name?
- If your printer is not connected to your network, you will need to reconnect the printer to your network.
- Is your computer connected to your network?
- Was anything changed on your computer recently?
- Was anything changed or updated on your wireless router recently?
- Are you connected to a Virtual Private Network (VPN)?
- Has the IP address on your printer changed?
Your printer has never worked over the network
- First, try to power cycle your wireless router, printer, and computer.
- The printer should be connected to your network.
- Install the printer software using the manual given.
- keep your router setting with you.
- Check for firewalls and other security applications.
Security Software, installed on your computer, is created as a protective measure against various types of computer-based threats. These threats can come from outside your network. A security software suite can contain different types of software such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, and child protection applications.
Firewalls are designed to block threats from outside your network. But sometimes they can block communication between devices on your network and can cause problems when using network printers. In addition to your security software's firewall, your operating system also has a firewall for the same purpose.
A quick troubleshooting technique is to disable your firewall and see if the problem goes away. Remember to re-enable your firewall before continuing to follow this guide.
HP Printer not connecting to Wifi Mac(Solved)
If you can’t connect the HP printer to Wifi on Mac, then here are the troubleshooting tips that you can follow:
- In the first place, do a hard reset on the printer, router, computer, and all other devices connected to the same wireless network.
- Switch off all the devices connected to the wireless network including computers, mobile phones, printers, modems, and routers. After switching off all the devices, wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now turn on the modem and wait for its lights to get stable.
- Now turn on the router and again wait for its lights to get steady.
- After the lights of the router are steady, turn on the printer and other devices.
- Now restore the network settings to default settings in the ‘Wireless Settings’ menu.
- Try to reconnect your printer to the network with the following steps:
- In the printer control panel, click on the wireless button and then choose settings
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard and then click OK.
- Follow the instructions mentioned to complete the process and set up the wireless connection.
If you are still facing the problem, try to remove the printer from the queue and then add it as Airprint. Here are the steps for this:
- Click on the Apple menu and then click on System Preferences.
- Click on ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- In the printers list, check if your printer name is displayed and then perform the following steps:
- If your printer name is listed, select it, and then click on the minus sign to delete it.
- Click on the plus sign and then click on ‘Add Printer & Scanner’ to re-add the printer.
- Click on AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use menu, and then click on the Add button.
- Try to print your document.
HP Printer Connected to Wifi but Computer Can’t Find It
It can become really frustrating when your HP printer is connected to Wifi but your computer can’t find it. Here are the troubleshooting tips to fix this issue.
- Go to Control Panel and then click on ‘Devices and Printers’.
- On the name of your printer, right-click and then click on Printer Properties.
- Click on the Ports tab.
- Choose the TCP/IP port being used and then click on Configure Port.
- Disable SNMP by removing the check from SNMP Status Enabled and then click OK.
- Try to reinstall printer drivers if the problem still persists.
If the problem is unresolved or if there are other scanning problems you may contact TechSolutionForAll at
Techsolutionforall is a number one online Tech support dedicated to providing you with the very best tech support for Printers, Antivirus, and Laptop/Desktop, with an emphasis on 24/7 availability. We hope you enjoy our Tech support as much as we enjoy offering them to you.