Brother Printer not connecting to Wifi (Solved)
Brother printers are one of the best printers available in the market today. They are providing tough completion to all its competitors. However, sometimes, due to connectivity issues, the users may face the issue of Brother Printer not connecting to WiFi. If you ever come across this situation, don't worry. In this blog, you will find the troubleshooting steps to follow when your brother printer won't connect to wifi.
Why is my Brother Printer not connecting to WiFi?
If your Brother Printer is not connecting to WiFi, then it can be due to connectivity issue or underlying hardware or software issue. It can also be due to outdated printer drivers. Below are the troubleshooting steps which you can follow when your Brother Printer is not connecting to WiFi.
Steps to Follow when your brother printer won’t connect to Wifi: -
1. If you are not able to connect your Brother printer to the wireless network, the first thing you should do is to restart your devices including printer, Wifi router, PC/Laptop. Unplug the cables from your printer and computer. Wait for some time and then connect your device and now you are ready to troubleshoot.
2. If your printer is located more than 10 meters away from the Wifi router, it will face a problem in maintaining the wireless signals. So you should place your printer near to your router and then begin the Wifi setup again.
3. Many times, Brother printer users have to deal with the wifi setup’s failed issue due to the incorrect credentials during the setup process. This happens when users choose invalid SSID or enter the wrong Wifi credentials. So please ensure to put correct information while setting up your printer.
4. If your Brother printer doesn’t connect to the wifi using the correct password, you should reset the SSID (wifi name) and password. Here are the steps to reset the SSID:
- Open the router admin panel using the chrome or any other web browser.
- Push the wireless settings option from the menu.
- Remove the existing network name and type the new network name.
- Create a new password now and push the apply changes button.
Once you press the apply changes button, you need to go back to the printer and connect it through the wireless network.
5. Sometimes, you may have a brother printer not connecting to the wifi problem due to the old profile. When there is an old profile conflicting with your wi-fi router, it may cause the brother printer wifi setup failed problem. At this point, you should reset your printer with a new SSID configuration.
6. If you have already tried the above steps but still your brother printer won’t connect to the wifi. You should use the WPS method for connecting your printer to the wifi network. In this method, you need to push the WPS button on your printer and router.
- Press the WPS button available on the backside of the router for 1 minute.
- Now press & hold the wifi button on your printer for 3 seconds and then release it.
Now let the machine rest for a minute or two and let it connect on its own.
7. Sometimes the connectivity issue occurs due to firmware update so it is important to check the firmware if your printer has an updated version of the firmware.
Update Printer Drivers
If your Brother printer is not connecting to WiFi, you can try updating its drivers.
- To update drivers of your printer, first of all, find the model number of your printer.
- Now, go to the official website of the Brother printer.
- Locate the model name of your printer.
- Follow the steps and download the latest version of the drivers.
We have discussed all possible scenarios wherein your brother printer is not able to connect to Wifi. Hopefully, now you can connect to your wifi printer using the above information. If you are still facing issues connecting your printer wherein your brother printer won't connect to wifi, we are just a mail away. You can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime to get the 24*7 support.