Troubleshoot HP scanner not working
Is your HP scanner not working properly? Don’t worry. This is a common scanner problem and you can fix it quickly and easily. HP Scanners are known to be one of the best in this category of devices. The issues can arise due to software mismatches or outdated drivers. Here are the troubleshooting tips to get your HP scanner to work.
Why my HP Scanner is not working?
If your HP Scanner is not working, then it can be due to underlying software or hardware issue. This issue can also arise due to outdated drivers. This issue can be fixed once the root cause is found. Find the troubleshooting steps below to fix this issue.
HP Scanner not Working(Fixed):-
Step 1: Check the connection issue
To use your scanner, you need to make sure that your scanner is powered on in the first place.
Then you should check the connection issue. If you’re using a USB scanner, check the USB ports and USB cables to ensure it works properly. While you’re using a network scanner, ensure your computer has a good Internet connection. And your scanner connects to your computer under the Internet. In addition, if you’re using vpn on your computer, try disconnecting the VPN from your computer and scanning again.
If you’ve checked the above steps and your HP scanner still doesn’t work, don’t worry. There is something else we can try.
Step 2: Update your scanner driver
A missing or outdated scanner driver can cause your HP scanner not to work, so you should update your scanner driver to date.
There are two ways to update your scanner driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update scanner driver – You can go to the website of your scanner manufacturer, find the latest driver for your scanner, and install it on your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update scanner driver – If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running. You don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
a. Download and install Driver Easy.
b. Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
c. Click the Update button next to your scanner and download the latest driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install it on your computer.
Or click Update All. This will automatically download and install all problem drivers in your system.
4) Restart your computer to take effect.
Step 3: Troubleshoot hardware problems
If there’s something wrong with your scanner, so run a troubleshooter on your computer and fix the issue.
a.Type cmd in the Windows Search bar and select Run as administrator.
b. Copy & paste the following command line into Command Prompt window and press Enter.
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
c. Click Next in the popped-up window and the troubleshooter will start detecting hardware problems automatically.
d. Follow on-screen instructions to finish troubleshooting and fix the detected issue.
Now, try your scanner again and see if it’s working properly.
Step 4: Run System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in Windows feature that scans corrupted system files and repairs it automatically.
Your HP scanning is not working because of some corrupted system files, so you can try SFC to fix the problem.
a. Type cmd in the search box, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
b. In Command Prompt, type the following command, then press Enter.
c. Then wait for Verification 100% complete. This can take awhile.
d. Once complete, Type exit in Command Prompt and press Enter to close the window.
Now restart your computer and see if your scanner begins to work.
HP Scanner not working on Mac(Fixed)
Here are the troubleshooting steps to get your Mac to recognize your HP Scanner:
- First of all, uninstall the old printer drivers. You can uninstall them using HP uninstaller or HP Easy Start.
- Check for any Apple Software Update. If any updates are available, install them by clicking on the Update Now button.
- Delete HP Easy Scan from your computer.
- After completing these steps, restart your computer and printer.
- Click on the Apple menu icon and then select ‘System Preferences.
- Click on the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option.
- In the printers list, right-click and then select ‘Reset Printing System’.
- In the confirmation window, click on ‘reset’.
- Fill in the admin username and password and then click OK.
- Wait until the whole printing system is reset and no devices appear in the printing list.
- Now, restart your computer, and again go back to ‘System Preferences’ and then to ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Click on the plus button to select the name of your printer from the printer list. Click ‘Add’ to add your device.
- Click on the “Print Using…” option and then choose the name of your printer. Remember “AirPrint” should be selected as default.
- Re-install HP Easy Scan and check if the scanner is working.
HP Envy 4500 Scanner Not Working
This issue can be due to network error, software installation failure, or USB connection error. To resolve this issue:
- Restart the device and check the driver scan settings.
- Check the status of the connection between the network and printer.
- Launch the print and doctor scan.
- Uninstall the printer software.
- Reinstall the HP software.
- Check the Windows Image Acquisition settings.
- Temporarily, disable the firewall software.
If the problem is unresolved or if there are other scanning problems you may contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. The team of experts at Techsolutionforall will help you to solve HP Scanner not working problem.
TechSolutionForall, your number one online Tech support is dedicated to providing you with the very best tech support for Printers, Antivirus, and Laptop/Desktop, with an emphasis on 24/7 availability. We hope you enjoy our Tech support as much as we enjoy offering them to you.